Brand Corporate Identity / Task 2 - Brand Guideline with Elements, Icon and Mockup

TASK 2 / MKT62404 / BRAND COrpoRATE IDENTITY

-

Low Xin Er / 0374596 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Brand Corporate Identity / Task 2: Brand Guideline with Elements, Icon and Mockup
Lecture: Mr Goh


OVERVIEW

This blog entry documents the second phase of Task 2: Brand Guideline with Elements, Icon and Mockup, focusing on taking Cosette—the premium daily wellness supplement brand created in Task 1—from a conceptual strategy to a tangible visual identity. Task 2 centered on developing custom brand assets, 2D packaging layouts, real-world product mockups, and a polished Brand Guideline. Spanning from June 19 to July 24, 2026, this stage bridged brand storytelling with practical product execution, culminating in a final brand presentation.
Brand Guidelines Presentation.pdf by xiner low

PROGRESS

Week 1 (June 19, 2026) 

We kicked off Task 2 by defining the core visual language for Cosette. I brainstormed 20 brand keywords, which I narrowed down to 10 foundational brand assets that reflect wellness and vitality: Flowing Wave, Fibre Threads, Kale, Gold Kiwi, Cabbage, Lemon, Yuzu, Berry, Droplet, Citrus Slice, and Soft Sun Ray.

I also pinpointed 5 essential brand mockups that best showcase Cosette in context:

  1. Stick Pack (Sachet)

  2. Retail Box

  3. Product Lineup (Box + Sachet combination)

  4. Instagram Post

  5. Website Landing Page

Week 2 (June 26, 2026) 

With the visual direction established, I compiled moodboards for both the brand assets and product mockup styles. Next, I began hand-drawing the fruit and vegetable illustrations for Cosette. I then imported these sketches into Adobe Illustrator, converted them into clean vector graphics, and developed seamless brand patterns to use across packaging and collateral.


Week 3 (July 3, 2026) 

This week was all about 2D packaging design. After deciding on exact product dimensions and mockup photography styles, I used Canva to design the flat layouts for Cosette’s stick packs (sachets) and a 3-sided retail box. For the overall environment of the mockups, I chose a warm, minimalistic Japandi-style interior to keep the focus on serene, healthy daily lifestyle behaviors.

Week 4 (July 10, 2026)

 I integrated the flat packaging designs into the Japandi 3D mockup scenes and began laying out the first draft of Cosette’s Brand Guideline. During our progress check, the professor pointed out that the mockups needed significantly more visual breathing room and prominence on the pages so viewers could truly appreciate the details.






Week 5 (July 17, 2026)

Following the professor’s feedback, I overhauled the layout grid across the Brand Guideline. I resized and repositioned the mockups to make them the focal point of the presentation while cleaning up the typography and graphic elements for a sleeker look.


Week 6 (July 24, 2026) 

After final proofreading and exporting the completed Brand Guideline on July 23, today was presentation day! I presented Cosette’s full visual identity, custom patterns, packaging designs, and digital touchpoints, successfully wrapping up Task 2.


REFLECTION

Task 2 was an eye-opening exercise in translating abstract brand strategy into physical and digital touchpoints. The biggest learning curve for me was finding the right balance between aesthetic presentation and functional packaging design—making sure the brand felt premium yet approachable. The feedback from my professor taught me that presentation layout is just as crucial as the design itself; giving mockups room to breathe completely transformed the professional feel of the Brand Guideline. Overall, seeing Cosette come to life through realistic packaging in a serene Japandi setting was incredibly rewarding and deepened my appreciation for identity design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO & SOUND PRODUCTION / PROJECT 1 - AUDIO DUB & SOUND EFFECT

ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY / TASK 1: EXERCISES

INTERACTIVE DESIGN / EXERCISE 1 - WEB ANALYSIS